Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least She Didn’t Waste Their Time

, , , | Working | August 7, 2020

I work at a VERY busy family medical clinic. The job of a receptionist is by far the worst job in the office. Between phones ringing, scheduling appointments, updating insurance, and taking payments, there are times I don’t see how our current receptionist keeps her sanity. 

The current receptionist gives her two-week notice and we start looking for someone to fill the position. Needless to say, this job requires being able to multi-task and being willing to work hard to get the job done.

On this particular day, during flu season, we are especially busy and everybody is having to work hard to keep their cool and stay professional. As the receptionist is finishing up one call and answering another, a lady comes through the front door wearing a dirty looking T-shirt, sweatpants, and a ball cap. She stands at the front window waiting for someone to help her. 

The receptionist finishes her call.

Receptionist: “Can I help you?”

Lady: “Yeah, I was wondering about the job you have posted.”

Receptionist: “Sure. Have you filled out the application online?”

Lady: “No. I was wanting to know before I did, is this job hard? Because if it’s hard, I’m not going to bother.”

Receptionist: “…”

Needless to say, she did not get called for an interview.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!