Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least He’s Eating Fruit?

, , , , , | Right | September 30, 2022

We’re a very small grocery store in a very small rural town. A small car pulls into our parking lot that just screams “I live in the city!” and the woman who steps out of it continues the theme.

She steps into our store, looks around disapprovingly at our produce, and then comes up to me.

Customer: “I need persimmons.”

Me: “What is that, ma’am?”

Customer: *Rolls her eyes* “It’s a fruit! Fruit! Do you eat those?!”

Me: “Yes, I love fruits! However, we only have the fruit in stock that you can see on the shelves.”

Customer: “It must be in the back. Go get them, and make sure they’re organic.”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t have them, period. We have your basic fruits and veggies here.”

Customer: “What do you mean? No persimmons? I have a four-hour drive ahead of me and my son only eats persimmons! What do I tell him?”

Me: “I’m not his mother, ma’am.”

She curses and storms back to her car. She doesn’t get in but instead has a heated conversation with someone in the back seat before turning around and storming back in.

Customer: “He will accept lychees in a pinch.”

Me: “I know what those are! Sadly, still no dice. What you see is what we have.”

Customer: “How do you expect me to prevent my son from being unruly on a four-hour drive?!”

Me: “I really don’t know how to answer that, ma’am.”

The customer curses again, storms to the front door, and shouts to the car.

Customer: “They don’t have those, either! Come inside and pick something that they do have. Stupid hick store.”

Her son emerged from the back of the car. He was in his twenties at least.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!