Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Asking Laboriously

, , , | Right | February 29, 2016

(I run a small online business, and my most recent customer’s order has encountered a problem with shipping. While in the middle of trying to organise getting the customer’s item shipped to him, my partner starts going into labour. I throw together a quick message to the customer to explain the situation.)

Me: “Unfortunately, you’re going to need to wait for an update on your order’s shipping, as my partner has just started going into labour and I’m going to be preoccupied with that for the next day or two. Rest assured that I’ll get back to sorting out your items as soon as possible. Once again, sorry for the delay.”

Customer: “Okay.”

(Three hours later.)

Customer: “Hey, any update on my order?”

(I’m not sure what child-birthing he’s heard of that takes less than three hours to complete and for someone to get back to work after! He sent no less than five messages over the next 24 hours asking for further updates to his order.)


This story is part of our online shopping roundup!

Read the next online shopping roundup story!

Read the online shopping roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!