Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ask And Ye Shall Receive Nothing

, , , , | Working | February 6, 2018

Since I am a returning employee at our toy store, I notice things that need to be fixed more quickly, as I am used to how the managers want it. I’ll sometimes be walking by with a handful of items and ask an associate who isn’t busy to fix the plush section. It isn’t as if I am pulling them away from tasks; they look really bored.

One day a manager pulls me aside and tells me to maybe tone down on asking associates to do stuff, since I am one of them. I agree and just start working extra hard so I can finish all the tasks without any help.

I apply for a manager position after a few more months with the company, and I get rejected because the managers and supervisors notice I don’t ask for help on tasks and am thus “not a team player.” They don’t believe me when I tell them one of the managers told me I was too bossy. They tell me to take responsibility, and so I do. I take responsibility for my own mental health and future career and quit!


This story is featured in our “I Quit!” roundup!

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!