Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

As Soon As You’re Eighteen, That’s The First(Name) Place He Goes

, , , , | Right | January 28, 2022

I’ve just turned eighteen and graduated high school. I’m a girl. I’m working at the grocery store near my old high school to earn some cash for college. My old homeroom teacher, a married man in his forties, enters my line.

Me: “Hey, Mr. [Last Name]!”

Teacher: “[My Name]! How’s your summer?”

Me: “It’s good! Just working and getting ready for [College]. How are you?”

Teacher: “I’m doing all right. I can’t believe all of you graduated already. It took four years to get used to you kids, and I gotta start the process all over again next year with a bunch of freshmen!”

I chuckle and scan his items.

Me: “Yeah, we were a weird bunch. Okay, your total is [amount]. Cash or card?”

Teacher: “Card, please.”

He swipes his card. As I wait for my system to process the payment, I realize he’s looking me up and down.

Teacher: “I think you were the youngest one in the class. Are you eighteen yet?”

He continues to stare at me. I laugh awkwardly.

Me: “Uh… my birthday was last week, so I just turned eighteen.”

Teacher: “Then you can call me [First Name].”

Me: “Oh, um, that’s kind of weird to me. I’d rather call you Mr. [Last Name]. I mean, you were my teacher not too long ago.”

Teacher: “No, no. You’re an adult now.”

It isn’t what he says, but HOW he says it that gives me the serious creeps. I snatch his receipt out of the printer and shove it in one of his bags.

Me: “Okay, you’re all set. Have a nice day, Mr. [Last Name]!”

Teacher: “C’mon, call me [First Name]!”

Me: “Absolutely not. Enjoy your summer, Mr. [Last Name].”

He grabs his bags and walks out, muttering. The bagger, who is still in high school, turns and stares at me in shock.

Coworker: “Oh, my God! How creepy!”

Me: “Yep.”

Coworker: “And that was your homeroom teacher from senior year?”

Me: “Nope. He was my homeroom teacher for all four years. Also, he’s married.”

Coworker:That’s worse!

I saw him in the store a couple more times that summer. He always gave my register a wide berth!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!