Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Arrested For Coke But Not The Kind You’re Thinking

, , , , , | Right | October 14, 2022

Our town has a street carnival every year. During these days, our family-run butcher (run by my dad) is closed, and we only sell bratwurst and fleischwurst (bologna) out of a small tent, which only holds three to four people and some desks.

A customer comes over to my desk and orders a fleischwurst in a bread roll — nothing special. I just do my job and hand it over to her.

A couple of minutes later, after I have already sold two more bread rolls with bratwurst, the customer comes back and complains:

Customer: “There is meat in my fleischwurst!”

“Fleisch” means “meat” in German.

Customer: “I’m a vegetarian! How could you sell me meat?!”

My dad came over to talk to her and calm her down. She kept on yelling, and my dad offered her a cold Coke as a refund. She accepted it…

Until a minute later when an open bottle of Coke was thrown into our tent. I had had enough.

I stormed out of the tent, saw her running around the next tent, and tracked her down. I grabbed her by her arm and dragged her to an officer. I told him that she had tried to scam us and that she had thrown a bottle of Coke to hurt either us or a customer after her scam didn’t go well.

The officer took her to the police station, and I haven’t seen her since then.

I’ve had thousands of customers in my life, but holy s***, I remember that woman like no other.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!