Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Arguments For A Stupid Tax

, , , , , , | Right | July 31, 2018

(I work at a clothing store where we have a strict coupon policy. I get a customer, 15 minutes before we close, with a coupon and a couple of items.)

Me: “Hello! Did you find everything okay?”

Customer: *sighs* “Yeah, I guess.”

Me: “Are you a part of our rewards program?”

Customer: “Yes.”

(I look up her points and everything is fine and dandy.)

Customer: “I have a coupon.”

Me: “Sure! Can I see it?”

Customer: *shows me coupon*

Me: “Okay! So, you have to have [certain amount] before taxes, and two of your items are clearance, so they are not eligible for the coupon.”

Customer:What? I have used coupons on clearance items before. Why can’t I use them now?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I’m not allowed to take these coupons on clearance items; it’s store policy. It says so in the fine print at the bottom of the coupon.”

Customer: “That’s really stupid. I’m telling you I did it the other day and all of my stuff was clearance. Whatever. I’m going to bring all that s*** back.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am, I’m going to have to charge you for the clearance items separately.”

Customer: “Fine, whatever.”

(I go through the second transaction, and she starts complaining.)

Customer: “Why do you have to charge me separately? You just want me to pay double the taxes! This is the stupidest s*** I have ever heard! Can I speak to your manager?”

Me: *calls manager*

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “Yes! She told me I couldn’t use my coupons on the clearance, so she charged me separately so I had to pay double the taxes!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but it’s just a precaution we take so clearance items don’t get validated with coupons; it’s store policy.”

Customer: “That’s stupid!” *storms off*

Me: “Does she not know how taxes work?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!