Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Archives Should Tell You That This Never Works

, , , | Working | June 4, 2018

(I work in a call centre for a company that arranges hire vehicles for people who have been in no-fault accidents. As such, we handle sensitive information. We work with a specific hire company. Recently, we have enjoyed getting calls from people claiming to be from the hire company’s “archive team,” which doesn’t exist. They are clearly trying to obtain information. One day this happens:)

Me: “Good morning. You’re through to [My Name] at [Company]; how can I help?”

Person: “Good morning. I’m calling on behalf of a mutual client.”

Me: “Can I take the client’s registration?”

Person: *registration*

Me: “Thank you. Can I also take your name and where you’re calling from?”

Person: “[Person] from [Hire Company] archive team.”

Me: *immediately on guard* “Hello. Unfortunately, you’re not listed on the file so I can’t discuss the claim with you, but I see my colleague asked you to email us… five minutes ago, actually. Did you do that?”

(She hangs up. I write my notes into the file and send an email to my team advising they’re at it again. Next call I receive…)

Me: “Good morning. You’re through to [My Name] at [Company]; how can I help?”

Person: “Good morning. I’m calling on behalf of a mutual client.”

Me: *recognising their voice* “Can I take the registration, please?”

Person: “Yes, it’s [same info as before].”

Me: “Oh, hi. I think it was me you were speaking to just a few moments ago; is that [Person]?”

(She hung up. Honestly, how stupid do you have to be to try it a third time, minutes later, even when it’s obvious we’re onto you?)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!