Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Stranger Witnessing Stranger Behavior

| Friendly | July 17, 2014

(My father is helping a stranger move furniture out of their apartment building. It is a lot of hard work to get the big couches and desks down a few flight of stairs, but my dad and a few other people are getting the hang of it. About halfway through the work, a young man, probably in his twenties, comes up to the apartment. The moment he comes in, he grabs a beer, pulls up a chair, and watches my dad and the others work. My dad, who was never shy about speaking his mind, looks up at the young adult doing nothing.)

Dad: “Hey. Do you live here?”

Stranger: “Not really. My mom lives here.”

Dad: “And… did you come to help us out?”

Stranger: “Nah, you guys seem to have the hang of it.”

(My dad takes a quick glance at the mountain of work left to do, before looking back at the man with a frown.)

Dad: “Aren’t you even a little ashamed that I, a perfect stranger, am doing more work for your mom than you, her own son?”

(The moment he asks that, the son gets up in a huff.)

Stranger: “Well, if I’m just going to get insulted here, I’m leaving!”

(And, with that, he stormed off with his beer, out of the apartment, into his car, and drove off, leaving my father standing there in complete disbelief.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!