Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Apprentices That Want To Be Fired

| Learning | February 11, 2017

(Unlike most college students, I am in a class of apprentices. Our other lecturers often point out that they like teaching us as we are much more organised and ready to learn, mostly as our company would tell us off if they found out otherwise. For that reason we get on with our work, lecturers are more lenient with us, the work all gets done, often early, and we enjoy being treated as adults. Until we have to take a maths lesson in the third year with a new lecturer…)

Lecturer: “Ok, class, please turn to page 43.”

Apprentice #1: *coming in a few minutes late* “Sorry, [First Name]. I was with [Other Lecturer].”

Lecturer: “Well, I will be speaking with him! And it’s Miss [Last Name]!”

Apprentice #1: “Er, okay, sorry.” *sits down*

Me: “[Apprentice #2], can I borrow an eraser?”

Apprentice #2: “Sure.”

Lecturer: “Silence, please!”

Me: “Sorry?”

Lecturer: “There will be silence in my class. Don’t make me sit you boy, girl, boy, girl.”

Me: “There’s only one girl and 12 guys.”

Lecturer: “Well… I… just get on with your work!”

(It was a long year with her around. It was the only lesson many of us then struggled with. Thankfully we got ahead and could drop the last few months of lessons, much to her disagreement.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!