Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Appreciate His Perfect Delivery

| Romantic | May 26, 2012

(I have been out of the country for several weeks. My boyfriend and I live together, and he has held on to my keys while I was gone. It is Sunday morning, a few days after I have returned. I’m a student of ancient history, and can read ancient Egyptian.)

Boyfriend: “I lost my mailbox key while you were gone, so I took yours.”

Me: “Really? Why don’t you just get a new one from the management company?”

Boyfriend: “Laziness.”

Me: “Great. Thanks.”

Boyfriend: “Here’s the key. Why don’t you go down and get the mail?”

Me: “No, I’m going out for a run.”

Boyfriend: “Seriously, just go get the mail.”

Me: “Why can’t you put your pants on and go downstairs? Oh, fine! But I’m running first!”

(On my way back from my run, I hit the lobby to get the mail, still grumbling about my boyfriend’s laziness. I open up the mailbox to find a white card, with Egyptian hieroglyphs on it. I realize the card reads, “Will you be my wife?” I immediately think my boyfriend is playing a cruel joke. I head upstairs. Just as I open the door, my boyfriend is on his knee, in his PJs.)

Boyfriend: “Will you marry me?”

Me: *laughing* “Yes!”

(It turns out that he had to keep me from using the mailbox because he had been receiving so much wedding-related advertisements after purchasing my ring!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!