Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Apparently, There Are Some Sick Burns On The Web

, , , , , , | Working | December 8, 2021

Masks are required for customers in our store. I have a compromised immune system as well as asthma. If a person comes through my line without a mask, I offer them one, and if they still refuse, I politely tell them that I am unable to ring them up. Most just take a mask or leave, but there are a few who throw temper tantrums.

There is a coworker who goes out of her way to insult and emotionally hurt people, but I just ignore her usually.

Coworker: “Hey, is it true that you’re refusing to ring up people without a mask on?”

Me: “Yeah.”

Coworker: “You can’t do that! You’ll get fired!”

Me: “No, you are allowed to refuse customer service to someone if you feel threatened. We’re in the middle of a health crisis, I have pretty much no immune system, and I have asthma. If you refuse to wear a mask, then I am being threatened.”

Coworker: “Well, they’re writing horrible things about you on the [Next Town] Facebook page and the city’s home page!”

Me: “So?”

Coworker: “But… they’re writing bad things about you on—”

Me: “I don’t care. I don’t live in that town, for one. And two, if they are the type to write about me for following the mandate, so what? They boycott the store. Then I won’t have to worry about them coming back in and getting me sick.”

She was very annoyed that I wouldn’t get angry over the fact that people supposedly were writing bad things about me online. Things no other person was able to find.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!