Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Apology Alert! APOLOGY ALERT!

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Venus_Xtravaganza98 | January 17, 2022

I work for a big-name department store. I served an old woman with a large order.

Me: “Is this all one transaction?”

Customer: *Very rudely* “What kind of question is that? Do you see another person with me?”

At this point, I’m cringing because I know this isn’t going to be an easy transaction.

She tries to pass me her bags, but I’m not allowed to pack them, so I place all her items on the end. She starts yelling and screaming about how lazy I am, calls me the worst cashier in the world, and adds some rather personal insults.

Eventually, I look at her and say:

Me: “Look, I’m just following the rules of my job. I’m not allowed to deviate from them in any way. There’s no reason to get personal. Please, leave me alone.”

She seems pretty humiliated after that and simply responds with, “Okay,” and remains silent until the transaction was complete.

Customer: “I’m sorry for my behavior. I was in a bad mood and shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”

I’m not sure if she was actually sorry or just embarrassed that I called her out, but I genuinely wish more rude customers would apologize like she did.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!