Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Apologizing Is Your Call Of Duty

| Right | August 14, 2016

(I worked in the bakery of a popular retail chain. This is the call and unexpected outcome I received:)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Bakery]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Do you have a Call of Duty cake?”

Me: “No. I am sorry. We aren’t licensed to do that cake at this particular store.” *our town has two of these stores*

Customer: “I’m at the other, and they have it but not the kit! I need it today!”

Me: “I’m sorry. They are new and have more of a selection than us because they think they will have a bigger need. Our store can’t make the cake. And, we don’t have the kit either.”

Customer: *clearly upset and angry* “What am I supposed to do?! I need it today!”

Me: “Well, you can make the cake without the kit and find some toys to put on it? That would be the best suggestion I have.”

Customer: *hangs up in a huff*

(Ten minutes later the phone rings again.)

Me: “This is [Bakery]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I called about the Call Of Duty cake.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am?”

Customer: “I wanted to apologize for being rude. You were very helpful and I was just upset and in a hurry. I did take your advice and I think it’s going to look much better than the kit!”

(The call back made my day. She didn’t have to apologize, but hey! She’s a good lady!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!