Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Any Given Sundae, Part 7

, , , , | Right | February 3, 2021

It’s been raining since early this morning. I should note that our ice cream shop has no parking spots in front of the store; it’s too small of a lot. All spots are on the sides and in the back. We cannot ask customers to move their vehicles if they park in front, and that makes it kind of hazardous for people who park in actual spots.

A customer pulls up in front of the store and gets out of her truck. She then walks up, holding a coupon.

Customer: “Hi! Can I use this coupon on sundaes?”

The customer hands a coupon over. I look over it and read aloud to her that the coupon is for small, medium, or large dishes or cones, adding that sundaes do not count for the coupon.

Customer: “Okay! Then may I please have a [Sundae with pecans] and a [Popular Kids’ Sundae]. Oh! Does the kids’ sundae work with the coupon?”

Me: “No, ma’am. This coupon can’t be used on any sundaes. Just small, regular, and large cones or dishes.”

Customer: “Aww, okay. Then I’ll have…” *Looks at our flavor board* “…two kids’ cups of [Popular PB Cup Flavor], instead of the kids’ sundae.”

At this point, I gave up on life and gave the customer her ice cream and the popular pecan sundae she’d ordered. She ordered two KIDS’ dishes. The smallest the coupon would accept was a small. Our kids’ sizes are one scoop and small is two scoops. Thankfully, the rest of the transaction was fine and she left. I was left standing there wondering how people can’t understand what their coupons allow them to get.

Related:
Any Given Sundae, Part 6
Any Given Sundae, Part 5
Any Given Sundae, Part 4
Any Given Sundae, Part 3
Any Given Sundae, Part 2

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!