Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Antisocial Assistance

| Right | June 27, 2016

(Because of the latest hurricane knocking out power in my city for almost two weeks, people on social assistance have been coming in with food vouchers for groceries. It says on the voucher for FOOD ONLY, so many customers need to pay for other essentials separately. Because of this, they usually need to be done at customer service.)

Supervisor: “We have a large order from social assistance at register 10. They already started, so I said it was okay to suspend the transaction when they’re done and bring it over to you.”

Me: “Thank you! Please make sure the cashier knows not to ring through anything that isn’t food. It has to be separate.”

(The supervisor leaves and later comes back, telling me the customer is being very aggressive to the cashier about it.)

Me: “Sir, it looks like you’re purchasing cleaning supplies. We can’t do it on the same bill that you use your voucher on. We can do it separately, and it’ll only take two min—”

Customer: “No. I want to pay the difference. I’m already over the amount anyway.”

Me: “While that’s all well and good, Social Assistance will refuse to pay us back if we don’t. Please put the cleaning supplies up so we can void them out.”

Customer: “But I’m already over the amount. I want to do it on this bill.”

Me: “Sir. I can’t. I need to do it separately.”

Customer: “Fine!” *turns to his wife* “We got a pair of f****** Nazis over here.”

(The customer practically threw the TWO items at me, continued to argue with my supervisor, and stormed out without the cleaning supplies.)

Supervisor: “Did this really just happen?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!