Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Another Typical Airport Romance

, , , , | Romantic | January 28, 2018

(My girlfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year, and she has been pestering me to come with her to London and visit her family during holiday. I’ve done the same, and we’ve been teasing each other to visit our respective families this holidays after we each go home for a few days. We’re both in our second year of university.)

Me: “Hey, babe, I’ve just arrived at the airport. I’ll meet you at baggage!”  

Girlfriend: “Yay, I can’t wait!”  

(What seems like a half hour goes by.)  

Me: “Yo, I just got my bag. Are you parking the car, or…”  

Girlfriend: “Uhh, what’re you on about? I just got my bag!”  

(I am confused, but suddenly realize what has happened!)

Me: “Oh, my word, babe. Are you in Indiana right now?!”  

Girlfriend: “Yeah, why is that so shoc– OH, NO!”  

Me: “Yup, I’m in England. We definitely fudged our surprises up, huh?”  

Girlfriend: “You’ve said it. I’ll head back ASAP. Love you!”  

Me: “Back at you!”  

Girlfriend: *complete and utter silence*  

Me: “Only kidding. I love you, too, gorgeous. I’ll see you soon. Just look for the American waiting for you with the expensive gift!”  

Girlfriend: “Can’t wait!  

(I spent the next few hours scouring the airport for a gift. I ended up greeting her with a pair of earbuds and some candy. We’re meant to be married next month. This happened last Christmas!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!