Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Another Basket Case To Not Let Through

, , , | Right | March 24, 2021

I work at a thrift store with a pretty large stockroom attached. Despite the fact that the sliding doors to the stockroom have HUGE signs saying, “Employees only — do not enter,” people will still walk right past them. Granted, we often leave the doors open a bit for employees to pass through.

I spot a teenage girl by the door peering through, apparently on the lookout, while someone who I assume is her mother is inside the stockroom, looking at some baskets. 

Me: “Excuse me. Can I help you?”

Customer: “Oh, I’m just looking!” 

Me: “This is the stockroom, ma’am. Customers are not allowed in here.”

Customer: *Condescending* “But I’m just looking at these baskets, so it’s okay!” 

Me: “Again, only employees are allowed in here. Those baskets are not even for sale. Please go back to the sales floor.”

Somehow, the teenager finds this all very funny and starts laughing in a mocking way. The mother huffs.

Customer: “Well, fine! I didn’t like these ones anyway!” 

They both stormed off, but the teenager glanced back and continued to laugh mockingly. Why some people turn to absolute idiots once they assume the role of customers, I’ll never know.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!