Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Annoying Customers Repeat Themselves

, , | Right | September 26, 2022

I work in a bank that’s located in a mall. Last Friday, we were understaffed. The law forbids us to open the bank with less than two cashiers, so the branch had to be closed at 2:00 pm that day. I was the only one there, doing some internal work, so I had shut the lights down to only the necessary.

The next problem: the front door was broken, so the entrance was just blocked with a curtain. A young security man was to look after the property.

A customer came in.

Customer: “Why are you closed? You need to serve me!”

He took quite a while. He threatened to call the police and cursed me out in the end before finally leaving.

Immediately, a woman with a child took his place — and started over. I saw the man standing behind and watching closely if I would give in this time.

The woman was not pleased that I did not lower my voice and start the new discussion friendly again. And, why should I? She just seamlessly took the place of the man. Thank God she was less persistent.

The guy still was not ready to accept it yet. I recognized his voice ranting out in the mall, maybe with the mall security, or maybe he had even called the police as he’d threatened. At least nobody disturbed me anymore.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!