Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And Thus, Another Memory Was Created!

, , , , , | Romantic | February 2, 2023

Back when I was in grad school, I used to frequent a used bookstore near my house. I would often tell the guy I was dating about the books I bought there. Once, I bought a non-fiction book about neuroscience, which I kept talking about to [Guy] as I was reading it.

Several weeks later…

Guy: “So, how is [Book]? You haven’t mentioned it in a while, but it sounded like you were finding it very interesting.”

Me: *Slightly embarrassed* “Well, actually, I haven’t made much progress since the last time we talked about it… because I can’t find it.”

Guy: “You lost [Book]?”

Me: “No, no… I just can’t remember where I put it. I know it is in my apartment somewhere, and at some point, it will turn up.”

Guy: “So, let me get this straight. You bought [Book] about the secrets of memory, and you can’t remember where you put it?”

[Guy] burst out laughing.

But there is a happy ending! [Guy] married me anyway. And the book did turn up, months later when I moved from my roommate’s apartment to the apartment we rented when we got married, and he had another good laugh then, as well.

More than a decade of marriage later, [Guy] still loves to fondly recall this story, and now we both have a good laugh about it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!