Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And They Wonder Why Customer Service Is Slow

, , | Right | March 7, 2008

Customer: “WHERE ARE MY BOOKS?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “I had a big pile of books and I put them on that bench and now they’re gone!”

Me: “I’m so sorry about that, ma’am. See, a lot of customers just leave books around the store, so we regularly walk around and put away books that are left out.”

Customer: “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!”

Me: “To keep the store in some kind of logical order. What books were they? I’ll help you find them again.”

Customer: “I don’t remember! You tell me what books they were!”

Me: “I have no idea what books you had, ma’am, but I can walk around the store with you and see if we can jog your memory.”

Customer: “I have foot problems! I’m very old! I can’t walk around the store all over again! Find my books!”

(A manager intervened, and between him and three other employees, we actually found all seven of the books this lady wanted. She didn’t say thank you, proceeded to walk around the store without any problem, left the books on the same bench again, and then left the store without buying anything.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!