Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And The Angels Sang

, , , , | Right | July 22, 2008

Me: *on overhead* “Good evening, shoppers. The time is now 11 pm and your shopping center is now closed for the evening. Please bring all final purchases to the lit registers and thank you for shopping with us. Good night.”

(Five minutes later…)

Customer: “Can I still check out?”

Cashier: *next to me* “Yes, come on in.”

Customer: “I need to check some prices on a few items, can you do that for me?”

Cashier: “I think everyone in that department has gone home, but I can check for you.”

(Ten minutes later…)

Cashier: “That will be $174.34, please.”

Customer: “Oh, I don’t have enough money. Can I write you an IOU? I shop here all the time.”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, we can’t take IOUs.”

Customer: “Then can you hold this until the morning, and I can come back?”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, we can’t hold things overnight. Our policy states we can’t do that.”

Customer: “So, what… you’re trying to kick me out of the store?!”

Cashier: “No, ma’am. If you’d like to take a few things off to afford your purchase, I’d be more than happy to check you out.”

Customer: “FINE! I’m done!” *storms out of the store*

Me: *on overhead* “Hallelujah! Hallelujah!”


This story is part of the Closing Time roundup!

Read the next Closing Time roundup story!

Read the Closing Time roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!