Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And That’s The Historical Tea

, , , , , , , | Right | February 12, 2021

The cafe I work in sits near several major transport links, so we get a lot of travelers, national and international, on a daily basis. One of my coworkers is somewhat notorious for having little to no brain-mouth filter and fairly anti-establishment views.

It’s late November and we have an American guest who’s making small talk after receiving her coffee. She starts talking about Thanksgiving and how the UK doesn’t have a comparable day.

Guest: “I just don’t understand why you don’t celebrate anything like it. Are you not thankful for your country?”

Coworker: “We are, but if we celebrated every time we exterminated a native population and stole their country, we’d only need to work twenty days a year.”

Guest: “…”

She made a hasty retreat to her table afterward.


This story is part of the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Read the next Thanksgiving 2022 roundup story!

Read the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!


This story is part of our Best Of 2021: Readers’ Choice roundup!

Read the next Best Of 2021: Readers’ Choice story!

Read the Best Of 2021: Readers’ Choice roundup!


This story is part of our Best Of February 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of February 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of February 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!