Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And That’s A Wrap On That Assault

, , , , , | Right | October 3, 2021

I work at an everything-costs-a-dollar store, and we sell wrapping paper. The tubes look normal-sized, but since they are only a dollar, there are only four to five feet of paper on it. A woman storms into our store holding a tube with just scraps of wrapping paper clinging to it and comes straight to my register.

Customer: “You ripped me off! You tricked me into thinking this was a whole roll of wrapping paper! I want my f****** money back from you bunch of f****** liars!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we only offer exchanges, not refunds, and I cannot exchange an opened, used, seasonal product. I believe the paper’s dimensions were also listed on the original packaging, so you were not lied to.”

Customer: “This is bulls***! You lied and ripped me off and you won’t f****** fix it!”

WHACK!

Through this exchange, she had been getting louder and gesturing broadly with the empty wrapping paper tube. Stunned, it took me a moment to realize she had just hit me over the head with it. That’s right — she smacked me with a cardboard tube for following store policy.

I just stared at her in shock as I reached for the phone to page my manager. Meanwhile, I saw the realization of what just had happened cross her face. She turned bright red and dashed out of the store, never to be seen again. I informed my manager I was taking an extra break and walked off to consider all the decisions that led me to this station in life.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!