Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And That Is How The Christmas Cookie Crumbles

, , , , , , , | Right | December 25, 2020

In my first year as a mail carrier, I was tasked with delivering the last-minute parcels on Christmas morning; Express Mail is delivered 365 days a year. At the last house, I had four huge parcels from FAO Schwartz, the famed NYC toy store. Three little blond boys were very excited to see them. 

All was well until, as I was unloading the last parcel, the youngest boy asked me, “Wait. Why are you bringing our presents? What happened to Santa?” 

I saw both parents freeze in horror at the question, so I crouched down to the little boy’s level and explained, “Santa had so many good boys and girls this year that he had a lot of presents to bring, and he knew the reindeer were going to get really tired, so he called up the Post Office and asked the mailmen to help him bring the presents, and we said sure.”

“Oh, okay!” said the little boy, and he started opening the boxes with his brothers. The mom made sure I got Christmas cookies before I went on my way. 

That was twenty-five years ago and I’m senior enough now that I don’t have to work on Christmas anymore, but I always smile when I remember that.


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for December 2020!

Read the next Feel Good roundup for December 2020 story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for December 2020!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!