Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And On The Seventh Day, We All Went To The Museum

, , , , , | Right | October 26, 2020

I work in my museum’s planetarium. A group of three older men dressed in their Sunday best has just finished buying tickets.

Coworker: “A planetarium show is about to start if you’d like to see it.”

They balk a bit at the suggestion but, noting that it’s included in admission, ultimately come inside. It’s then that I notice the very large wooden crosses around their necks. Considering the show that’s about to air is about the formation of the solar system, the Earth, and the early evolution of life, I’m a bit skeptical of how this is going to play out.

Fortunately, nothing happens during the show. As it ends, I open the doors for the customers and wait just outside to thank them for visiting and answer any questions. Two of the men appear almost immediately and rush right past me and… out of the museum. The third, and seemingly oldest based on his cane, is one of the last to leave and approaches me as he exits.

Guest: “That was a great show! It was so cool!”

Me: *Surprised* “Oh, wow, thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it!”

Guest: “I didn’t know a lot of that stuff. Say, what else is in this museum, anyway?”

Me: “Well, we have an extensive collection of dinosaur fossils and paleontology-related exhibits, as well as a hall about the more modern history of the region.”

Guest: “That sounds neat! I’m going to go check it out. Thank you so much!”

Me: “No, thank you!”

Several hours later, I saw him chatting up the front desk telling them what a wonderful time he had. Whether he agrees with the museum’s point of view or not, I’m just glad he had a good time!


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for October 2020!

Read the next Feel Good roundup story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for October 2020!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!