Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

And Now You Get No Cokes!

, , | Right | January 31, 2022

I’m working in a fast food restaurant. A guy steps up and makes an order. Everything seems to go fine until:

Me: “That will be €12.55, please.”

Man: “What is your problem?”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Man: *Mocking voice* “’€12.55’… What’s with the attitude?”

I try to give an extra polite edge.

Me: “Your total comes to €12.55, sir.”

Man: “You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Maybe you shouldn’t be working customer service if you have such a bad attitude.”

Me: “All right, then. So, your total is €12.55.” *Taking his money* “Thank you very much.”

Man: “Snatch the money out of my hands. Real professional.”

I start putting together his meal.

Man: “I wanted two large Cokes with that!”

Me: “You said, ‘A large Coke.’”

He picks up two straws from the tray.

Man: “What does that mean? Or were you just too stupid to ask if I meant two drinks instead? Pay attention to what’s going on around you!”

I ring up an additional drink and give him the total.

Man: “You know, if I recall correctly, they used to cost [price].”

Me: “I’ve only been working here for a couple of months, but as far as I know, this is what they cost.”

Man: “Ah-huh. Right. So, you’re not lying to me about the price and trying to pocket the money yourself.”

The manager suddenly pops up from behind me, forcefully bumps me out of the way, and then proceeds to swipe her access card through the register, cancel the previous order, and remove a refund for the customer from the till. She slaps the money down forcefully on the counter and removes the customer’s drink from his tray.

Manager: “Take your crap somewhere else. [My Name], move on to the next customer.”


This story is part of our Halfway-Through-2022 roundup!

Read the next Halfway-Through-2022 roundup story!

Read the Halfway-Through-2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!