Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 2

, , , , | Right | October 12, 2020

We do live music outside on Fridays for a few hours. I personally refuse to work music nights, because they get very busy and it’s impossible to enforce social distancing, but that’s another story. We have signs posted all over about the new mask regulations, which include that NO ONE can enter or approach the counter to order without a mask on. This customer, an older man, strolls up to the counter.

Customer: “Are you still doing music on Fridays?”

I notice his mask is around his neck and take a few steps back.

Me: “I can help you, but I need you to please put your mask over your face.”

Customer: *Immediately defensive* “Well, I thought you wouldn’t be able to hear me.”

He pulls his mask halfway over his face, under his nose. It’s clearly been way too loosely tied, so it falls back down immediately.

Customer: *Clearly annoyed* “There. Now. Music on Friday.”

I am still standing away from the counter.

Me: “I really need you to pull it all the way over your face, please, or I’m afraid I can’t—”

The customer is suddenly furious and screaming.

Customer: “YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTION!”

His outburst is so sudden and dramatic that I think he’s joking, especially because he’s standing both next to a sign AND directly in front of a sign that each state the current regulations.

Realizing he is serious, because he turns in a huff and storms out, I’m a little stunned. Someone toward the back clears his throat and I turn to look. The next customer, who I now realize came in with the first man, speaks up:

Next Customer: “Uh… Sorry about… Yeah. So, is there music on Friday?”

Me: *Cheerfully* “There sure is! Thank you so much for following our state guidelines. Music starts at six. We’ll be happy to see you there!”

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!