Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 17

, , , , , , | Right | August 28, 2021

Stores are just starting to open back up. I am a manager, so I am the one to deal with customers against our mask policy, which is that masks are required to be worn in the store at all times. We have signs posted on all our doors of said policy. We also have a letter from the legal department stating the policy. We have a door greeter to monitor capacity and mask enforcement. The greeter has a walkie to communicate with the manager if assistance is needed.

I get a call over the walkie that I am needed, so I head to the front door.

Team Member: “Ma’am, here is my manager.”

Customer: *To me* “I don’t believe your mask policy. You can’t force everyone to wear a mask; that goes against the ADA!”

Me: “Ma’am, this policy was set by corporate. If you refuse to wear a mask, I cannot let you inside and I have to ask you to leave.”

Customer: “Fine!”

The customer leaves. Not even five minutes later, the phone rings and I answer, doing our standard spiel.

Me: “Thank you for calling [Business]. This is [My Name]; how may I help you?”

Customer: “Hi. I was just in your store and I was denied service because I refused to wear a mask, and I just wanted to verify your store policy for masks.”

Oh, it’s this lady again.

Me: “Yes, ma’am, masks are required to be worn in the store at all times. As a non-essential business, we—”

Customer: “Well, that is against the ADA, and I’m going to get you shut down!”

Me: “Ma’am, if you would just give me a minute to—”

Customer: *Click*

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 16
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 15
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 14
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 13
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 12

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!