Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 13

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: loleetahaze | August 5, 2021

I work in a customer care center.

Me: “Hello, this is [My Name] with scheduling. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Hey, do I need to wear a mask to be seen by a dermatologist?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. Our protocol states that—”

Customer: “Well, I don’t need to wear one. This is a free country.”

Me: “This is a protocol by the government; you cannot be seen without a mask on.”

Customer: “You can’t tell me what to do! I will pass out if I have to wear a mask for more than fifteen minutes.”

I pull up the chart as I always do with anyone calling. This person is thirty-five with no health conditions.

Customer: “You might need to read up on some studies that say they are harmful.”

Me: “I am sorry you feel that way, ma’am, but as of right now, we are not allowed to—”

Customer: “You’re not allowed to tell me what to do! So, can I come to the appointment or not?”

Me: “Not without a mask, no.”

Customer: “F*** you, then. I’m not coming.”

But it doesn’t end there. She tries to come into the appointment with no mask, and the front desk won’t let her in. She starts cursing them out, gets in the car, and calls the customer care call center again. As my luck would have it, I pick up the call.

Me: “Hello, this—”

Customer: “Are all of you f****** r******d over there?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am?”

Customer: “I just came into my appointment and they won’t let me in.”

Me: “What seems to be the problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “They are making me wear a mask. You cannot make me do anything against my will! That is tyranny.”

Me: “Yes, but our protocols—”

Customer: “You know what? I’m going to call the department of health and call your superior. See how you like that, you little moron.”

Me: “It’s not a problem, ma’am. I will transfer you to the doctor’s office right now.”

I pulled up the chart, saw her preferred doctor, and transferred her. So, our dear patient discovered that if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. The doctor knew who she was, as the front desk had told him. He dropped her as his patient and barred her from the clinic.

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 12
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 11
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 10
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 9
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 8

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!