Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Overriding Sense Of Fashion

| Working | October 22, 2014

(I go to a clothing store often enough that most employees know my face. I come in one day looking rough.)

Employee: “Hey, girl, what’s got you down?”

Me: “Got dumped this morning. Didn’t wanna be stuck home and miserable. Got any sales this week?”

Employee: *hugs me* “Girl, you’ll find someone better. Here, let’s pick out a couple things.”

(We went through different shirts, pants, and other things before I decide on a complete outfit. We head over to the register to check out.)

Employee: “Your total is $17.”

Me: “Wait… the shirt alone is over $20…”

Employee: “Well, I did an override and gave it the clearance pricing.”

Me: “What? Why?”

Employee: “You got dumped, that’s why. Hey, go on over to [Chocolate Store] and buy yourself something good.”

(I thank her and leave. I go back a couple weeks later with my new girlfriend. The same employee is working, and I wave.)

Employee: “Hey- Oh my god, is she your girlfriend?”

Me: “Huh? Oh, yeah. She’s been here a bit—”

Employee: “See? I told you that you’d find someone better! Now, what are you two looking for?”

(I’ve been back several times, and the same employee has been happy to see me.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!