Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Ounce Of Principles

| Right | June 30, 2015

(I work in a very popular coffee chain. We allow people to bring in company mugs and charge accordingly to how many ounces of liquid the cups hold.)

Me: “All right, ma’am, that’ll be $2.37.”

Customer: “No, it’s not. I pay $1.50 for this.”

Me: “That is a 24 oz cup, correct?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “And you can see on the display screen I have hit personal cup 24 oz?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “And you can see that it’s ringing in $2.37 after tax?”

Customer: “Listen here, you snide little b*****, I don’t need you standing here calling me stupid. I can read and I see what you did but you’re just trying to rob me! I pay $1.50 every f****** day for this cup and that’s what I’m going to pay.”

Me: “Well, I can’t sell you our product for that price so you have two options: either hand me the amount you’ve been rightfully charged or have a good night.”

Customer: “You are a c*** and I’m going to corporate with this! Get me the number for your corporate office!”

(I get her the number and she leaves screaming.)

Customer: “I’ll have your job and your stupid face won’t ever work anywhere in this town again! I always pay $1.50! It’s the principle not the price! I’m the customer!”

(She did call corporate but they sided with me and the next time I saw her she had no problem paying the proper amount.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!