Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Odd Table

| Working | January 10, 2017

(My husband and I go out to eat on a Friday night that has indoor and outdoor seating. My husband goes to the restroom while I get a table.)

Hostess: “For how many?”

Me: “Two.”

Hostess: “Inside or outside?”

(I would like to sit outside but being pregnant and starving I may consider inside.)

Me: “Which is faster?”

Hostess: “Honestly, to go.”

Me: *I’m confused and stunned, maybe I heard wrong when she asked me inside or outside* “How long is the wait outside?”

Hostess: “If you can find a table someone is sitting at now and sit at the end where it’s empty you could sit now.”

(I’m still very confused as she is not really answering my questions, I take a look outside and see the tables aren’t big enough to share as it’s the size of a standard picnic table.)

Me: “No, I’ll just sit inside, I guess.”

Hostess: “Okay it will be a 20-30 minute wait.”

Me: “That’s fine…”

(I sat down to wait and was called in three minutes. I told my husband the story and he laughed but was also confused. Maybe it was pregnancy hormones that got me slightly upset, but it was a very strange encounter.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!