Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Infinite Number Of Idiots

| Learning | April 28, 2015

(In a sophomore math class, one of the students is having difficulty with the concept of infinity. The teacher has been trying for a few minutes.)

Teacher: “Okay. Okay. Let’s try this. All numbers, all the numbers ever, are in this room. Okay?”

Student: “Okay…”

Teacher: “It doesn’t matter how big. They fit in here.”

Student: “Okay…”

Teacher: “So if I want to put this piece of chalk at infinity, what do I do?”

Student: “Uh…depends where infinity is?”

(The teacher opens a window and hurls the chalk outside.)

Teacher: “That’s where it is. All the numbers are here. It’s out there.”

Student: “Oh… now I get it!” *stage whispering to a friend* “But how do all the numbers fit in here? It’s a small room. Aren’t there a lot of numbers?”

(The teacher looks exasperated, and then perks up.)

Teacher: “Yes! There are in fact an infinite number of numbers! If you try to find the biggest one, you can always add more to it!”

Student: “Oh! Okay!” *stage whispering to her friend* “How am I supposed to find the biggest number?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!