Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Entitlement Buffet, Part 2

, , , , , , | Right | June 22, 2020

Breakfast in our restaurant consists of either a breakfast buffet, with everything one could possibly want for breakfast including drinks, or an a la carte menu that usually ends up costing more.

An old cowboy type is sitting cross-armed and frowning at one of my tables.

Me: “Good morni—”

The customer speaks without looking at me.

Customer: “Coffee!”

Me: “Sure, I’ll be right back with—”

Customer: “Don’t run off; I’m ready to order! I want three eggs scrambled, bacon, ham, white toast, and an orange juice.”

Me: “Sure, I can have that right out for you; however, just so you are aware, our breakfast bar does have all of that for a little less. It has fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries and bread, all the breakfast meats, and a chef that will make you eggs and omelets to order.”

This must somehow offend him because, seething, he barks at me:

Customer: “I AM NOT WAITING IN LINE FOR EGGS! THAT IS JUST CORPORATE GREED!”

I did not see fit to correct him that profit margins on the a la carte items are far higher but instead happily rang in every item individually as he had requested, amounting to approximately $30 — about twelve dollars more than he would have paid had he walked the twenty feet to the buffet.

Related:
An Entitlement Buffet

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!