Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Alarming Way To Get Fired

| Working | October 1, 2012

(We’re at school taking an exam when the fire alarm is triggered. We all drop our our pens and prepare to leave, but the teacher, who stands in front of the door, doesn’t move an inch.)

Teacher: “Nobody leaves this classroom until I say so. Back to work!”

Class Rep: “We can’t work with the sound of the alarm. Besides, what if there—”

Teacher: “Back. To. Work.”

(Defeated, the class rep and the others continue to work. We hear the other classes leaving their rooms and going in the courtyard. 30 minutes later, we hear a fire truck’s siren coming to the school.)

Class Rep: “The firemen are here! We can’t stay in the class!”

Teacher: “[Class rep], either you shut your mouth or everybody gets minus points for your behavior.”

Class Rep: “The F***INGG firemen are here and you only care about your stupid test?! Are you insane?!”

Teacher: “[Class rep], you get a F- and I’m reporting you to the director. Leave the class at once!”

(The class rep storms off, but returns a few minutes later with the school director.)

Director: *to the teacher* “What are you doing? There’s a fire in here! You want to kill your students?!”

Teacher: “I have an exam to watch. Can we discuss this later?”

Director: “For God’s sake! Everybody, follow me!”

(In one swift move, the whole class runs out of the room, with the teacher yelling at us in tow and threatening to expel us for “purposely missing an exam”. Turns out there really was a fire in one of the classrooms. Nobody was hurt, but the class was destroyed. The teacher was fired the next week and the school is suing her for putting students’ lives in danger.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!