Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Alarming Lack Of Responsibility

| Right | July 25, 2014

(My coworker and I are closing up the store. The store is closed the next day, so we were admittedly a little eager to get home to start relaxing. I accidentally leave the front door unlocked in my rush to get home. We have several signs saying we are closed on Sunday. Apparently at around noon on Sunday, a customer gets into the store, starts browsing, and ends up setting the alarms off and running out. A few days later, the same coworker and I are working when a customer comes in.)

Me: “Hello! Do you need help finding anything today?”

Customer: “Not really, but I was the one who set off those alarms and never got to get the treats I came in for!”

Me: “Well, we were closed, sir.”

Customer: “How was I supposed to know that?!”

Me: “Sir, did you not notice the signs on the door, the hours posted, the fact that the lights were off, and that the store was completely empty?”

Customer: “No! It shouldn’t be my responsibility to keep track of your hours! It’s your responsibility to tell me when you’re open or not!”

Coworker: “Sir, that’s what the signs are for. We can’t be here all the time to let people know we’re open.”

Customer: “Well, you should be!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!