Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Accidental Coincidental

| Related | December 10, 2013

(In the week before starting school for the first time, I get a number of injuries. I fall off my bike, causing a terrible road-rash. I fall off a bike rack I was climbing on, giving me a black eye. Then, I somehow manage to fall UP the stairs, busting my lip open. A doctor’s appointment for a very stubborn wart turns out leaving me with a chemical burn on one arm. All of this is not unusual for me. Mom takes a good look at me in the morning before turning to my dad.)

Mom: “We’re totally getting social services called on us. Aren’t we?”

Dad: “Well, they know [Older Sister], so hopefully not. Call me if you need me. I can leave work if I have to.”

(When I get to school, the teacher gives me a worried look. Nothing seems to happen until Mom comes to get me at the end of the day. My teacher again looks worried when Mom comes over. I am currently playing tag with some of the other kids in full view of both of them.)

Teacher: “Ah, Mrs. [Last Name]. I’m afraid there’s been a little bit of an… incident involving your child.”

(Before the teacher can elaborate, I trip over nothing and faceplant. The road-rash on my arms starts bleeding again, but I just get up and keep playing.)

Mom: “That sort of incident?”

Teacher: *nods*

Mom: “Yeah. She does that. A lot.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!