Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An A-Mall-ing Lack Of Knowledge

, , , | Right | October 24, 2020

I work at a movie theater that’s part of a mall but has no real affiliation with the mall. One day, the phone rings and I answer. I go through my movie theater answer script.

Me: “How can I help you?”

Caller: “What stores are in the mall?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. What?”

Caller: “You’re in the mall, right? I tried calling the mall office, but no one answered and I know you’re in the mall, so tell me what stores are there.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I don’t honestly know the names of all the stores here.”

Caller: “Really? But you’re in the mall. Don’t you know everyone there? Shouldn’t you know what stores are there?”

Me: “Well, we are located in the mall, but we’re sort of a separate thing. We’re kind of not part of the mall, actually.”

Caller: “Fine, whatever. Well, what are the mall’s hours?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I really don’t know that, either.”

Caller: “Can you go ask someone, or look somewhere and tell me if there’s a [Store] there?”

Me: “I’m very sorry, but I can’t actually leave during my shift.” 

Caller: “You’re stupid. No wonder you work at a movie theater.” *Click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!