Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

America: Canada’s Shoes

, , , | Right | December 3, 2012

(Because our store is located fairly close to the Canadian border, we sometimes get customers from Canada who come to take advantage of our sales. It is Black Friday.)

Customer: “Why is it so busy? I’ve never had to wait in line so long!”

Me: “I apologize for the wait, ma’am, but it is Black Friday.”

Customer: “So? We don’t have this madness on Fridays in Canada!”

Me: “It’s Black Friday. It’s the day after our Thanksgiving, where stores have the biggest sales of the year, which means we are really busy.”

Customer: “Well, I shouldn’t have had to wait in line so long! I’m from Canada! I didn’t know it would be this busy!”

Me: “With all due respect, ma’am, why did you drive three hours to shop today?”

Customer: “Because it’s the biggest sale of the year!”

Me: “That’s also why so many Americans are here.”

Customer: “Still! I’m from Canada! We don’t have Black Friday!”


This story is part of our Black Friday roundup!

Read the next Black Friday roundup story!

Read the Black Friday roundup!


This story is part of our Canada Day roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!