Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Always Right, Everywhere

, , , , | Right | April 3, 2012

(I am ringing up a customer’s order at a very busy store.)

Customer: “Those jeans are coming up as £79.99 when they should be £39.99.”

Me: “Okay, in that case, I will just change them for you. It’s the first day of our sale and it sometimes takes our computers a while to adjust all the prices.”

Customer: “You should apologize to me. In my country, we would apologize for a mistake like that.”

Me: “Well, as I said, it is not really an error on my part, just a computer issue. But as you can see, I have changed the price for you.”

Customer: “I know it’s not your fault but you should say sorry to me. Where I come from, we would apologize for that sort of thing!” *grumbling under breath* “Stupid b****.”

Me: “What was that? I don’t quite think I caught that last part.”

Customer: “Oh, nothing! Just talking to myself! And I still think you should apologize. This is ridiculous!” *swears more under her breath*

Me: “Here’s your order! I am glad we avoided an international incident today. Have a fantastic day!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!