Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Always Open For The Close-Minded

, | Learning | April 9, 2013

(I work at a college library that is open 24 hours during exam week only. At the start of the new semester, a continuing education student walks in.)

Student: “I’d like to make a complaint.”

Me: “What seems to be the problem, ma’am?”

Student: “I came here at 2 am yesterday and no one let me in!”

Me: “Ma’am, no one was here.”

Student: “You’re lying! I was here at two in the morning in December!”

Me: “I understand that, ma’am. However we only have a 24 hour—”

Student: “You’re lying to stay out of trouble! Ain’t you, f****** b****!?”

Me: “No, ma’am… I—”

Student: “You young people don’t know what it’s like having a job AND to be studying! You rich little b****! I’m gonna get you fired!”

Me: “Ma’am, actually—”

(At this point she goes off to the director of the library and starts yelling at her. After ten minutes of shouting, my boss finally responds to the angry woman.)

Boss: “I’m sorry you couldn’t see the clearly marked hours on our door, the handouts, or your student planner. However we can not force our student employees to work 24 hour shifts all semester seeing as they also need to study along with their jobs. Now please, refrain from cursing and leave my library!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!