Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Allow Me To Explain How Time Works…

, , , | Right | June 21, 2021

I’m a hostess at a local restaurant in my city.

Me: “Hello, y’all! How many are in your party?”

Customer: “We’ll have eight tonight.”

Me: “All right, that’ll be about forty to fifty minutes at the moment.”

Customer: “What?! We called an hour ago and the guy on the phone said it would only be thirty minutes!”

Me: “Yes, that was the wait at that time. It got much busier, though, so our wait time went up.”

Customer: “Fine, I’m putting my name down, but this is ridiculous.”

Ten minutes go by, and I’m calling and seating names that are ahead of this lady.

Customer: “We have been waiting for forever, and you’re calling names that aren’t ours! I want to talk to a manager!”

I get one of my managers, who’s a really chill guy.

Manager: “What’s the problem, ma’am?”

The lady complains to him, telling him that I was skipping over her name and lying to her. The manager looks at the waitlist and the info that I wrote down.

Manager: “Ma’am, you were here for ten minutes. There were other people before you. That’s how time works.”

The lady huffed and went back to her group but kept asking every five minutes how much longer they had to wait. When I sat them, everyone in the group made off-handed comments about the service, trying to rile me up. They ended up leaving a $5 tip on a $70 check.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!