Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Allergic To Common Sense, Part 7

| Right | November 16, 2015

(I am a training to transition from host to server at a popular chain restaurant. It is my first time shadowing someone and I encounter why serving is so frustrating.)

Customer: “I’ll have the Cranberry Balsamic Chicken Salad, please.”

(I deliver it to her.)

Customer: “Excuse me, what kind of dressing is this?”

Me: “It’s balsamic dressing.”

Customer: “Oh, balsamic?”

Me: “Yes, would you like some more on the side?”

Customer: “No… I’m allergic. I can’t have balsamic dressing.”

Me: “I’m so sorry!”

Customer: “This is the wrong salad. I need a new one.”

(I bring out the menu and explain her options to her.)

Customer: “I’d like this one.” *points to a photo of the salad she just received*

Me: “So, you’d like the salad you have now?”

Customer: “No. I can’t have balsamic.”

Me: “I can do a different kind of dressing for you. We have ranch, blue cheese, hon—”

Customer: *interrupting me* “No. No, I don’t want any of those. I want this one.” *points to the salad again*

Me: “That one comes with balsamic dressing. It’s called the “Cranberry BALSAMIC Chicken Salad, but you can choose from any of these dressings from the list right here instead of the balsamic.”

Customer: “I’ll just have a burger.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!