Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Allergic To Common Sense, Part 21

, , , , | Right | August 7, 2021

We have a vestibule in our building, as well as mandatory rules set in place for guests to wear masks. While we offer free masks, we prefer to have people already wearing them. As I’m taking an order to the delivery table, I spot two guests entering, both without masks. I am a shift manager.

Me: *Stopping in my steps* “Oh, do you two have masks?”

Male Guest: “No, I was hoping you had some extras?”

I gesture to my cashier to bring them masks, and he brings one. As such, I ask the second guest if she’ll step outside while her boyfriend orders. She complies, or so I think.

Me: *Going to my other manager* “Outside means outside?”

I get a nod in return, so I go to the guest.

Me: “Ma’am, I do need you to step outside while your order is made.”

Female Guest: “I am outside.”

Me: “Well, no, you’re in the vestibule; this is still inside our building. I need you to step outside fully.”

Female Guest: “Well, that completely contradicts what I know about public building space. The entranceway is public property.”

Me: “As long as you’re inside our doors, you’re in our building. Please step outside.”

My secondary manager has noticed she’s arguing with me and steps behind me. The female guest proceeds to stand with the door open, which prompts my general manager to talk to her afterward. Finally, she relents, and we ask him what happened.

General Manager: “Well, she was concerned that you two were upset with her, and that she was worried whether her dish would still be allergy-free.”

Yes, as if we were going to make it against her allergy requirements. Some people.

Related:
Allergic To Common Sense, Part 20
Allergic To Common Sense, Part 19
Allergic To Common Sense, Part 18
Allergic To Common Sense, Part 17
Allergic To Common Sense, Part 16

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!