Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All These People Need To Be Fired

, , , , , , | Right | March 28, 2022

I work at a “critical infrastructure” facility open to the public. One day, there is a serious fire in our facility. We evacuate and block off the street, and literally every fire engine in town shows up.

During all this, I am stationed at the end of the street to do traffic control. Some of the responses I get are… interesting.

Me: “I’m sorry, the street is closed due to a fire at [Facility]. You’ll have to turn around.”

Customer #1: “But I’m going to [Facility]!”

Me: “[Facility] is on fire. You can’t go there.”

Customer #1: “Oh. But can I go to [other office in the same building]?”

Another one:

Me: “I’m sorry, the street is closed due to a fire at [Facility]. You’ll have to turn around.”

Customer #2: “No, I need to get to [Facility]. I have to get there today!”

Me: “[Facility] is closed because there is a serious fire in the building. The fire department ordered an evacuation.”

Customer #2: “When I called this morning, they didn’t say anything about this!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. We were not on fire this morning.”

Another one:

Me: “I’m sorry, the street is closed due to a fire at [Facility]. You’ll have to turn around.”

Customer #3: “Oh, okay. When will you be open again?”

Me: “I have no idea. They’re still trying to put out the fire.”

Customer #3: “You must know something!”

Me: “I know the fire department is working on it. But the fire is still burning, and we don’t know how long it will take until the building is safe to enter. I’m not a firefighter so I can’t even guess.”

Customer #3: “Then ask the firefighters!”

Me: “Sir, you want me to distract the people putting out a fire to ask how long they’re going to take?”

Customer #3: “Yes!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!