Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All Talk And Literally No Trousers

| Right | July 10, 2015

(I am working the cash register while the other cashier is on lunch. I get a heads-up over the head-set.)

Fitting Room Attendant: “I’ve got a customer coming up. They’re wearing a pair jeans that she is intending to purchase, but she refuses to take them off.”

Me: “Okay, thanks for the heads up.”

(This isn’t the first time a customer has wanted to wear the items out if the store but it becomes difficult when there is a security tag on them. The customer walks up and hands me the tag at my register.)

Me: “Hi, how are you doing?”

Customer: “HI, I need to purchase these jeans”

(She hands me the price tag of the jeans she was wearing. I confirm the description of the jeans but notice the security tag on them.)

Me: “I apologize, ma’am, but I will need you to return to the fitting room. tale the jeans off, and change into your other pants, in order for me to take the security tag off of them.”

Customer: “Are you f****** kidding me? I just changed into to these to purchase them. This is f****** ridiculous! I don’t understand why you can’t just take it off without me taking the jeans off.”

(At this point I’m imagining trying to straddle her up under the register, where the security tag remover is, to be able to take it off.)

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am but I am unable to remove the security tag while the jeans are on you.”

Customer: “Where is your f****** manager? This is extremely poor customer service.”

Me: “I am a manager and there is nothing I am able to do to help your situation unless you take off the jeans in the fitting room and bring them back up here. You are able to return to the fitting room and put them back on after the security tag is removed.”

(The customer settles and returns to the fitting room to remove the jeans but surprisingly does not put her original bottoms on.)

Fitting Room Attendant: “Oh, my God! Incoming. I repeat, incoming.”

(Upon seeing the customer angrily return to my register, I was speechless as she was without pants and only in a thong.)

Me: “Ma’am, I understand your frustration but I just feel obligated to let you know that not wearing pants in a retail store is extremely frowned upon and against policy.”

Customer: “Honestly, by now I don’t give a f*** about your stupid policies. Here are the jeans, take the f****** alarm off of them, and let me be! Okay?!”

(I rang up the pants and immediately gave them back to her. After, she put the jeans back on in front of me and stormed out of the store.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!