Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All Or Nothing

| Right | February 12, 2016

(A new general manager started a week ago. There is one customer who will often come to our to use the printing services. He has big orders pulled together, then returns a week later, looks at some of the order, pays for some of it and takes what he wants, leaving the remainder untaken and unpaid. The new general manager sees fit to change this.)

Guy:“I have this order I need done as soon as possible, I’ll return next week to take care of it.”

General Manager: “Certainly; however, we’re going to have to ask that you clear your balance first.”

Guy: “Clear my balance? What the h*** are you talking about?!”

General Manager: “Well, sir, you’ve been using the printing services for quite awhile, and it appears that you’re only picking up parts of your orders, leaving the rest here. Paying for what you want, leaving the rest. That isn’t happening anymore. If you want an order, we’re happy to make it for you, but you’re paying for all of it.”

Guy: “That’s bull-s***! I’ve been coming here for YEARS and no one has ever given me that type of attitude. I demand to speak to your manager!”

General Manager: *smiling* “Sir, I AM the new general manager. As I’ve said, you’ve been coming for YEARS and have left us with several hundred dollars worth of unpaid work, which is loss for us. Your total for all the work yet to be unpaid is $XXX.XX and that will be paid before any further work is completed.”

Guy: “No, forget this. Screw you. This is ridiculous. I’ve been a paying customer for years and you want to treat me this way?! You’ve lost my business!”

(The guy proceeds to storm out of the store. About three hours later, he calls back to further harass the general manager. Among the conversation was this particular line:)

Guy: *on phone* “And I’ll have you know, I was so upset, I had to come home and take two Valium to calm down!”

(That general manager is still, to this day, my hero.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!