Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All Fried Up Over Ten Cents

, , , , | Right | October 8, 2019

Me: “Hi. What can I get for you?”

Customer: “I want a number two and two apple pies.”

Me: “All right, that will be $8.29.”

Customer: *hands me $10.19*

Me: *isn’t sure if customer meant to hand me an extra dime to make it an even $2 change* “Will that be out of $10.19?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: *hands her $1.90 in change*

(Then, I start bagging food, and a few minutes later the lady pulls me to the side and starts yelling.)

Customer: “You gave me the wrong change! I was supposed to get $2 in change! Are you too stupid to count change?”

Me: “Ma’am, you gave me $10.19. I counted it three times. $1.90 was your change.”

Customer: “No! I remember giving you the right amount of money!”

Me: “No, ma’am, that’s what you gave me. I recounted it multiple times. You said it was out of $10.19.”

(The customer continues on this tirade for several minutes until her food is bagged, and then she grabs the bag and stomps off. About fifteen minutes pass; I’m taking an order and my manager is in the front when the woman comes back and pulls my manager aside. She is clearly within earshot of me. Fries easily lose their heat and become cold if you don’t eat them, and they’ve been sitting for fifteen minutes.)

Customer: “Your employee is stupid! She gave me cold fries on purpose! You should fire her!”

Manager: “Here, let me replace those for you.” *brings back new fries and, in the most condescending way possible, says* “Thank you for letting us replace those for you!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!