Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

All Bad Things

| Learning | August 19, 2014

(For as long as I can remember I’ve been a Trekkie. I am in high school when ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ is in its final season. The day after the final episode, I’m approached by the school bully. I brace myself for his usual barrage of insults.)

Bully: “Hey, it’s the big fat Trekkie. Let me guess, you watched the final episode last night.”

Me: “Of course I did.”

Bully: “And because you’re such a HUGE Trekkie, I’m guessing you taped it so you can watch it over and over again.”

Me: “Yeah. So?”

(He looks around to make sure none of his clique are within earshot, and then leans in close.)

Bully: “Dude. I missed it. Can I borrow it?”

Me: “What?”

Bully: “Yeah, man. I love that show but I was doing other stuff last night. So, please, help a Trekkie out. Can I borrow it?”

Me: “After everything you’ve done to me? No way!”

(Sadness washes over his face as regains his bully composure.)

Bully: “Whatever, man. Star Trek’s stupid anyway.”

(I swear I heard him sniffle a little bit as he walked away.)


This story is part of our ‘Star Trek’ roundup!

Read the next ‘Star Trek’ roundup story!

Read the ‘Star Trek’ roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!